The World Pro Ski Tour Official Podcast launched Thursday with an interview of Michael Ankeny with the tour’s Craig Marshall. After finishing in third in all four World Pro Ski Tour events thus far, he has proven himself as one of the top pro racers on tour. In the interview, Ankeny discusses his recently announced retirement from FIS World Cup racing and how the elimination of the US Ski Team World Cup Slalom team affected that decision. He goes on to explain how the WPST “reestablished his passion for the sport” because as he mentioned, “I was a little burned out.” He went on to elaborate how the dual pro format elevates his performance through a “change in perspective.” He also details his conversations with some European World Cup athletes such as Julien Lizeroux and Linus Strasser, saying that “I don’t think they can beat us” on the WPST. Finally, he chats about his personal focus on the technical side in the WPST and his biggest mental weaknesses that he will need to overcome in order to win a WPST title. Enjoy the interview!
No upcoming events
- World Pro Ski Tour Official Podcast Episode 004: David Chodounsky
- World Pro Ski Tour Official Podcast Episode 003: Robby Kelley
- World Pro Ski Tour Official Podcast Episode 002: AJ Ginnis
- World Pro Ski Tour Official Podcast Episode 001: Michael Ankeny
- PEOPLE MAGAZINE 1978: In Bed or on Boards, It’s All Downhill for Josef Odermatt, Pro Skiing’s New Sex Symbol